Diva Hollywood is one of the most fun and entertaining burlesque performers in Liverpool. She wields a mean whip as well.
We first encountered Diva Hollywood just before Christmas last year as she engaged with Nana Funk’s Stocking Filler.
Diva’s solo show at The Playhouse this spring was a brutally honest, personal show of a different style.
Always surprising, always engaging and a lovely all around human being, we felt a 13 Qs was appropriate. So here we go:
1. Where are you and what are you doing?
I am in Liverpool in my home workroom which is a huge mess as I am sorting out old paperwork and trying to make it a space I can make, create, and exercise in.
2. What is your favourite view?
The sea especially the North coast of Ireland where I am from, but I just love the sea all over the world.
3. What is your favourite swear word and why?
At the moment I like Mother Tucker as I can say it everywhere and it makes people laugh and feels good in my mouth.
4. What was the first record / cd you bought with your own money?
The Boomtown Rats, I Don’t Like Mondays.
5. Marmite. Yes, or no?
It’s a definite no for me, I love the taste, but it makes me sick.
6. If you could go to a gig right now, anywhere in the world, which band would you see? And in which venue?
I would love to see The Doors, so I guess I also need to go back in time to LA.
7. Who are your musical influences?
I have a very strange taste in music but at the moment I am in love with Agnes Obel
8. How do you like your eggs?
9. Tell us something we don’t know.
I had six months being a car dealer. I managed to sell only 3 cars.
10. Which city do you recommend we visit – and why?
Barcelona it has a beach, chilled, great food and so much to see.
11. What’s your drink of choice?
White wine but I do love a good cocktail if its mixed well.
12. What band or album do you think we should check out right now?
Again, it has to be Agnes for me and the album Aventine
13. Do you have anything else to declare?
I like pineapple on my pizza and I don’t care who knows it.